Pat Pruitt is a celebrated Native American artist of the Chiricahua Apache and the Laguna Pueblo tribe in New Mexico, USA. In 2017 Pat Pruitt won best of show at Santa Fe Indian Market. His remarkable jewellery is found in private and museum collections across the world and is on permanent display at the British Museum in London.
“My work is the creation of aesthetically pleasing objects of adornment for the discerning individual with non-traditional materials and fabrication technique utilizing evolving technology, equipment, and software. My designs reflect an influence of a modern traditional lifestyle, both on and off the reservation.” —Pat Pruitt
Pat Pruitt’s Artistic Goals:
– To step out of traditional fabrication techniques and materials, yet remain true to my sense of style, aesthetics, and tradition, with exotic materials that are both familiar and foreign to me.
– To pull artistic elements from various cultures (both native and non-native) across decades of industrial and traditional design.
– To gain recognition and acceptance by both my peers and community for the innovative use of technology in a market that is judged by its definition of *traditional*.
– To push the envelope on what is considered *native*
– Finally, to just have fun.
Pat Pruitt Feather Earrings
These unique feather earrings are from a special selection created by Pat Pruitt, exclusively for Rainmaker Gallery, during the Covid-19 pandemic. The markings on the feathers reference the eagle and the glorious colours are reminiscent of parrot plumage. Both eagle and parrot play pivotal roles in the emergence stories of the Southwest tribes. Rainmaker Gallery is honoured to participate in this beautiful collaboration which anticipates the emergence of our respective communities from lockdown and celebrates the extraordinary ways in which we support one another through times of transition and adversity.
These magnificent feather earrings are crafted from titanium and individually anodised to develop the unique colour combinations of each pair. This limited edition series consists of just 25 pairs of feather earrings – 10 large (75mm) and 15 small (54mm), each displaying an unrepeatable mix of joyful hues.
This superb pair of colourful feathers measures 54mm in length (excluding the titanium ear-wire).