Patterned Dragonfly Earrings
For many southwest tribes dragonflies are spirits that guide us to water and water is life. These splendid patterned dragonfly earrings are expertly crafted from titanium and individually laser anodised to develop the unique colour combination. Super lightweight and eye catching each dragonfly measures 57mm in length (excluding the titanium ear-wires).
Pat Pruitt is a celebrated Native American artist of the Chiricahua Apache and the Laguna Pueblo tribe in New Mexico, USA. In 2017 Pat Pruitt won best of show at Santa Fe Indian Market. His remarkable jewellery is found in private and museum collections across the world and is on permanent display at the British Museum in London.
“My work is the creation of aesthetically pleasing objects of adornment for the discerning individual with non-traditional materials and fabrication technique utilizing evolving technology, equipment, and software. My designs reflect an influence of a modern traditional lifestyle, both on and off the reservation.” —Pat Pruitt
Pat Pruitt’s Artistic Goals:
– To step out of traditional fabrication techniques and materials, yet remain true to my sense of style, aesthetics, and tradition, with exotic materials that are both familiar and foreign to me.
– To pull artistic elements from various cultures (both native and non-native) across decades of industrial and traditional design.
– To gain recognition and acceptance by both my peers and community for the innovative use of technology in a market that is judged by its definition of *traditional*.
– To push the envelope on what is considered *native*
– Finally, to just have fun.